Friday, April 29, 2011

back to back

this morning my favorite pen ran out of ink. this pen has been my faithful and favored writing instrument for the last two and a half years. when i discovered this wonderful pen by chance in a bookstore i promptly bought ten of them. slowly, on-by-one the other nine disappeared. some were stolen by greedy hands. others gave in to an unfortunate structural flaw by breaking in half under pressure. still others were lost to the abbyss of my bag or fell out of my planner. i jealously gaurded that one last pen, careful not to let it got lost. i carefully tucked it away in the same place after every use so that i wouldn't misplace it. i even bought other, more inferior pens to use sometimes and make my beloved pen last just a little longer. it's hard describe just exactly why this pen was so great. Maybe it how small and light it was, maybe it was how finely it wrote. either way, i will miss my pen friend who stayed with me through thick and thin, writing endless notes and sometimes even thoughtful musings and doodles. thank you for sticking it out till the end and farewell.

1 comment:

  1. I feel bad about your pen being gone. I feel like I can find one just like it in my luggage somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete