Tuesday, April 19, 2011

naked conversations with cats


few things make me happier than quail season. i love seeing them running around in the bushes and across streets. they're so charming and i think the fact that they can't fly is endearing. i love the little feather on their foreheads. quails are definately birds with style.
i've loved quails ever since i was a little girl when a family of them lived in our yard for a few days every spring. their return was so exciting to me because they were exotic and adorable. one of my brothers would spot them in the yard and yell for everyone to come see and we would stand watching them in awe from behind the sliding glass doors. one year a couple of the babies fell into the pool and drowned and i cried over their sad, bloated little bodies. they had trusted me enough to come stay in my yard where they thought they would be safe, and i had failed them. when we got a pet cat they stopped coming and i resented them for scaring away my little friends with fancy headdresses.

2 comments:

  1. Well, the title of this post caught my attention enough to read it, although I would have read it anyway.

    I hope this isn't considered an awkward comment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the title is misleading.

    ReplyDelete