Monday, April 11, 2011

scratchy sasquach

To the girl who I have seen wandering campus without shoes on:

Do you not have shoes? Are you on a shoe fast? Is this some form of protest? Do your feet get severely claustrophobic if you wear shoes? Do you have an irrational fear that if you put shoes on you won't be able to take them off? Did you have a bad experience in your childhood with shoes? Perhaps you lost one shoe and decided to just go shoeless instead of only wearing one? I hope no one stole your shoes. Did you lose a bet? Are you trying to feel more connected to Mother Earth by removing any barriers between you (do socks not count as a barrier)? Are you just in so big of a hurry in the mornings that you forget shoes altogether? I'm obviously very concerned about your lack of footwear and possessed with a desire to know why you choose to forgo what I feel is the basic right of all human beings to wear shoes.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha amelia you crack me up! THis post made me miss you even more then I already did. hope you are doing well. love youuu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's probably experimenting being homeless. It's all about the experience.

    ReplyDelete