Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bulova

it's 1:36 PM and i just realized that i've had my watch on upside down all day. this just confirms that my watch is nothing more than an accessory. there was a time when i wore a watch everyday for the purpose of keeping track of the time. apparently those times have long gone and been replaced with a need to accessorize rather than be on time. the little hands on my watch are too ambiguous. they say 'right now it is sometime between 1:50 and 1:55' instead of offering me the concrete assurance that at this very moment it is exactly 1:53. i find that i mistrust my little watch, whereas i place complete confidence in my computer or phone to tell me the absolutely correct time according to the rotation of the planet, position of the satellites, and wind conditions.
in the same moment i realized my total lack of watch reading skills i also noticed that the lotion i use has glitter in it. this is not the first day, or week that i have used this lotion. all this time i've been covering my body in tiny bits of something shiny and had no idea. i feel like i'm 13 again. maybe i'll go get some lipsmackers chapstick and a scrunchy and just go with.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you threw in wind conditions, just for good measure. Because yeah, wind affects time. Right?

    I went to a store called Candylicious the other day (didn't buy anything--did get something at the Chocolate Bar next door though). They had all sorts of flavored chapsticks.

    ReplyDelete