Friday, November 5, 2010

goats go to heaven too


You look great in your bolero tie. Brown polyester jumsuits were made for you. Who's going to call me dolly or lover or try to kiss me on the lips? I never minded, just so you know. Who's going to fix the toaster or the vacuum or plant tomatoes in the yard? I'm sure by now the scooter battery has long since run down and the jacuzzi is empty. Your journal will stay half empty and no one will think to tell me to open my mouth wider so I can sing better. I miss your back-to-school blessings and teary testimonies already. I hope the spring is back in your step and the ringing in your ears has been silenced. You were my Valentine and I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful, beautiful tribute. Love,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such true words. I'm going to miss seeing him puttering around in his yellow shoes. Grandpa gave me a smooch on the lips unexpectedly under mistletoe once... in July- it's one of my favorite memories of him.

    ReplyDelete