Wednesday, August 24, 2011

hey mom look, an elevator!

Apparently ears are what make us human. I have learned this from sci-fi and fantasy movies. Whenever a distinction between humans and non-humans must be made, the ears are the first thing to go. The top of the ear goes from round to pointed and BAM, you know that there must be something magical/alien/mutated/fantastic/evil about this dude. I came to this realization last night while watching The Green Lantern and I saw this guy.



Never mind that his skin is purple and his eyebrows are doing something crazy, it's really the ears that give him away as an alien. Getting up close and personal with the purple people eater here made me think about all other pointy eared creatures I've seen in other movies I got confused about how to tell them apart. Luckily, I came across this handy guide online which has helped to clear some things up.


1 comment: