Tuesday, May 29, 2012

cellular

overhearing arguments always makes me uncomfortable. the onset of that sick feeling in my stomach is almost immediate as soon as I realize that people are arguing and that I am intruding by being within reach of their voices. I am not the type of person to actually argue about an important or personal issue with anyone. will I argue about the virtues of one reality tv show over another? yes. will I actually raise my voice and tell someone that they are being a real (expletive)? probably not. when faced with a real live confrontation about something important I suddenly find myself suffering from lock-jaw. it becomes physically difficult to utter distinguishable words. the man in the hall next to me who is arguing with someone on the phone at this very moment is not having any difficulty saying things like 'you are being completely unreasonable' and 'well it's a good thing that is not your decision' and 'that has nothing to do with you'. so uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment